diocesan school board
Full responsibility for the educational apostolate in the Diocese of El Paso belongs to the Bishop of the Diocese. He associates others with him in this work by appointing agencies and individuals to assist him. The Diocesan Board of Education is designated as such an agency for the Catholic School System.
The Board has its purpose and duty to share responsibility with the Bishop in all matters pertaining to education in the elementary and secondary schools of the Diocese. The Board shall:
1. maintain the accreditation standards of the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED).
2. formulate policies relating to the development and operation of the Diocesan schools.
3. study and judge and elementary or secondary school problem referred to it through the Grievance Procedure.
4. evaluate the Superintendent of Schools.
5. form a Search Committee to recommend to the Bishop a person to fill the position of Superintendent of Schools.
Rev. Mariano Lopez
Victor J. Reza
Sr. Elizabeth Anne Swartz, SSND
Msgr. Francis J. Smith, V.G.