Principal: Br. Edwin Gallagher, C.F.P.
In 1923, Bishop A. J. Schuler of the El Paso Diocese authorized Fr. Doherty, Pastor of St. Joseph's Church, to build a school. It was admirably conducted by the Sisters of Loretto and had four grades. Every year after that, another grade was added. The Sisters of Loretto staffed St. Joseph's from 1923 and 1989. Between 1977 and 1989, the school was administered and staffed variously by the Sisters of St. Francis and/or the laity. From 1989 until the present, the school has been administered by the Brothers of the Poor of St. Francis. The Philosophy of St. Joseph's School is rooted in the belief that each student is a child of God who has been created for a definite purpose and destined for the eternal life in heaven.