cathedral high school
Principal: Br. Nicholas Gonzalez, FSC
The Sisters of Loretto began and operated Saint Patrick's Cathedral High School since 1923 but had too many obligations running other schools in the diocese. Mother Praxedes and William Fryer, a prominent local lawyer, recommended the Brothers of the Christian Schools to run the all boys high school. Bishop Schuler invited the Christian Brothers to take over in 1925. Cathedral High School was housed in what was then the Catholic Community Center building. Both entities shared the facility until the mid-fifties when the school needed all of the space. For the first thirty years, the faculty was composed almost entirely of Christian Brothers. A modern new wing and Multi-Purpose Building was added in 1994 and today's committed staff consists mostly of Lasallian partners. The focus remains on building servant leaders for their professions, the Church, and this international community.